All journals and media content (including pictures,
video, audio text, and other relevant media) are moderated following a
post; however, this is a cooperative endeavor. To maintain a high quality
environment, please agree to the following basic guidelines and requests:
By using this website, you agree to abide by the following simple rules:
1. You certify that you are 13 years of age or over. All those individuals under 13 years of age will need a full release form from their parents before posting any material. This is in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 2000 (COPPA).
2. Nicknames that Sonarer feel are inflammatory, vulgar, promotional, or rude will be removed.
3. All material is moderated for foul language and commercialized promotional posts.
4. Always be respectful of other users, the system, and the moderators.
5. Be descriptive, specific, and succinct in your forum postings. People from all over the world read here with English as a second language.
6. Your posting may be moved or removed as Sonarer sees fit.
7. Links to adult content, pages with links to adult content, near adult content (including model and swimsuit sites), or material describing anything against the law (in either the country visited or described in the blog, the user's native country, or the host county for Sonarer Servers and employees) will be removed as soon as possible.
8. Links to Gambling or any sites of questionable legality will be removed as soon as possible.
9. No press releases, newsletters, web pages, images, or copyrighted content may be inserted into Sonarer posts. Minor fair use excerpts of less than one paragraph (4 sentences) may be used if the content is publicly available. A link to the content is acceptable and appropriate.
10. Please don't drop promotional urls, signature files, nor specifics that would lead people to commercial sites. Signing your name is fine, however commercialized posts or resume signatures will be edited.
11. Please keep your language clean and decent. This includes personal inflammatory language as well as obscenities.
12. Please try to choose a location as close to the actual location as possible.
13. You agree not to hold Sonarer or its members liable for anything stated within the forums or journals.
14. Signing up a user name that is an obvious domain name or product name will be removed. This is out of unfair promotion considerations as well as trademark implications.
15. Since this is interactive, and everyone who participates in Sonarer is "in it together", please treat others the way you wish to be treated. One way to guard against misunderstandings is to read over your response before you post it. Flaming: flaming or personal attacks are not allowed or tolerated. Should anyone use inappropriate language, start a personal attack, or engage in hate speech, they will be barred from all further discussions.
16. The forums and journals are not a venue for advertisements in any way. It will be under the sole discretion of Sonarer and its moderators as to what constitutes an advertisement.
17. You are responsible for your own posts and agree not to hold Sonarer liable for any messages posted.
18. Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email or local private messages, but should not be discussed in public forums. This is out of respect for the members and moderators or policy involved.
19. Threats of violence, defamatory remarks, and calls to action against any company or person will be removed.
20. Messages posted at this site are the sole opinion and responsibility of the poster.
21. Personal exposure. Anyone posting another member's personal details or web site details without permission will be banned.
22. When a message is placed in any forum or journal system, you are granting a soft license to the site to use it.
23. We will not be liable to you for any loss, damage,
claim, expense, cost or liability (as a result of negligence or otherwise) arising
from, or relating to the following;
- Your use or non-use of this site (including any unauthorized use of your user name and password);
- Your reliance on information contained in this site;
- Any failure by us to receive any message transmitted by you using this site, or any corruption of any message;
- Defects in, or problems with any computer system or communication link, including delays in electronic communication.
For our part we will do our best to protect your privacy and respect your posts. We will not edit or otherwise misrepresent what you write without cause.
24. We are not to be liable for any decision made about this website and or a user's account.
25. We reserve the right to edit any and all content that has been placed on Sonarer.
26. We reserve the right to modify these Terms of Service from time to time without notice, on a retroactive basis. It is the User's responsibility to check back for updates on the Terms of Service.
27. You may not use the Sonarer service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
Copyright and Ownership
Only the owner or copyright holder of the media may upload
the media to the Sonarer Website.
All media you add to Sonarer remains the property of the copyright holder. No title of ownership passes to or is implied to pass to Sonarer at any time.
You grant Sonarer a non-exclusive, royalty-free, license to redistribute and publish on the Sonarer website.
We will place discreet adverts alongside much of the content you post on Sonarer.